February 19, 2010

Sleep Toasty. My dream come true.

Sleep Toasty.  Ever since I was a child, I have cherished climbing into bed and fending off the chilly night air as I cuddled up and fell asleep.  When I was 6, I cuddled with a teddy bear.  Now that I'm a bit older, I cuddle up with my body pillow.  Most nights are absolute bliss.  You know the feeling: cold toes and fingers gradually warming up as you drift off to sleep...there's nothing better. 

Unfortunately, some nights it seems impossible to warm up.  Wool socks.  Sweat pants.  Fleece shirt.  These solutions certainly warm you up, but it's just not the same.  I've looked for years for a solution, and Telebrands has found the answer -- Sleep Toasty.  The technology is simple: combine tinfoil with a fleece blanket. 

They claim the technology comes from NASA, which I guess is true, but it's still really just tinfoil.  At any rate, anyone that has completed a marathon and wrapped up with a thin foil blanket at the finish line realizes that this material can do wonders for maintainig your body temperature, even when tiny drips of perspiration are quickly evaporating from your entire body. 

Ingenious!  Combine thin foil warming properties with comfy fleece.  I get it.  If I get it, then you probably do too.  I'm concerned this product, although a needed and believable concept, won't sell.  With it's 1970's light tan color, it looks too much like my grandma's blankets...or maybe too sterile.  If they were too launch stylish colors, this could be a real winner.  On the other hand, the need for the product could outweigh its weaknesses.  For now, we'll just have to wait and see if this one will stick around.

Email Readers CLICK HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment