April 20, 2009

Pedi Pistol - most disturbing new spot

Pedi Pistol. Dumb and Dumber. I'm not saying this product is dumb or dumber, I just think I've seen it before. Remember the scene in Dumb and Dumber where Lloyd gets a pedicure with a grinder? Hilarious, but disgusting scene. Maybe it's just my objection to feet on my 40 inch TV, but this product gets my vote for most disturbing of the week. Very clearly, it targets the obese that can't bend to touch their toes. Listen for the hidden line, "after I got so big, I couldn't reach my toes anymore..." Honestly, I have no problem with that - I just think that they should use these overly obese women in the ad to be completely honest.



Also, I'm sure the company, TeleBrands, a purveyor of some of the most well-know ASOTV products ever sold, is speaking to those of us suffering in this "new economy" that can no longer afford spa pedicures. For those that fit in this ever-growing category, I have come up with my own kit. You can either buy it from me for $19.99, or head to the nearest Walgreens and buy your own for $0.19.

0 comments:

Post a Comment