May 22, 2009

Wearable Towel - Snuggie for the shower

Wearable Towel. Hilarious. Honestly, who could have predicted that the blanket with sleeves would have been the infomercial phenomenon of the decade? With that in mind, I refuse to say that the towel with arm holes won't be a success. However, that won't stop me from saying that the Wearable Towel is a weird idea...and a hilarious ad.
The venerable Snuggie is just a backwards robe. I'm sorry to spoil it for you if that wasn't clear to you before, but it's pretty clear unless you've never danced in a backwards robe before. The Wearable Towel is, however, a 100% new idea. There has never been a mass-marketed towel with arm holes before...but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea. See if you can keep up while I explain the complexities behind why the Snuggie is a HUGE success, and the Wearable Towel....well, not so much. Yes, you could wear a bathrobe backwards if you want to keep warm while sitting on the couch and working the remote control, but you wouldn't wear a robe backwards to keep warm. Whereas, you CAN wear a robe after you towel off in the bathroom, and it will provide all the benefits of the Wearable Towel without looking weird. I own a robe, so I won't buy a Wearable Towel.
Now for my male audience. If you want to be cool, sexy, fun, exciting and hopelessly interesting, then buy a Wearable Towel and wear it as a toga when you go to the beach. Then, please take pictures of yourself at the beach and send to me. I will gladly share with my thousands of readers to show just how cool you are.
http://www.wearabletowel.com/


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if you want to go to the beach? Will you bring your robe? What if you want to take of you wet bottom in pubic? I rather have on a towel then a robe when I wash my baby in the sink this way I don’t get wet. Hey…

Anonymous said...

The towel is like $20 bucks that how much regular cheap towel cost and I can’t imagine those arm opening bothering me, when I dry off, I look at it as an added bonus..lol,MY bet women will by more wearable towel then men, why? Women spend more time in the bathroom! NOTE: I have a robe, its nice for a HOT second "pun intended"

Post a Comment